June 5, 2022 (Sunday)
Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU) was established under the Hidayatullah National University of Law, Chhattisgarh, Act, (No. 10 of 2003). It is recognized by the University Grants Commission u/s 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act, 1956, and also by the Bar Council of India u/s 7 (1) of the Advocates Act, 1961. HNLU is the first National Level Institute established in the new State of Chhattisgarh in the year 2003 and the sixth Law University in the country. HNLU has been ranked 5th in India Today Ranking 2021 and 51-100 on crisis management during COVID by the World’s Universities with Real Impact (WURI) Ranking 2021 and 201-300 among the innovative and emerging Universities by WURI and is set to scale new benchmarks in the years to come.
Hon’ble Mr. Justice Arup Kumar Goswami, Chief Justice, High Court of Chhattisgarh is the Chancellor of the University. Prof. (Dr.) V. C. Vivekanandan, former MHRD Chair Professor of IP Law at NALSAR University and also former Dean of the Rajiv Gandhi School of Law, IIT Kharagpur and School of Law, Bennett University is the Vice-Chancellor of the University. Prof. (Dr.) Uday Shankar is the Registrar of the University.
June 5 is celebrated as World Environment Day to commit to the cause of protection of the environment and increase awareness amongst people. In the last six decades, the Day serves as a platform to deliberate a range of issues such as marine pollution, human overpopulation, global warming, and wildlife crime. The concept of Rights of Nature has evolved over the past decade on a wide range of national and international issues and it’s been reflected in court decisions as well. In the last couple of years, the rivers Ganges and Whanganui, etc. have attracted news for being recognized as possessing legal personality and rights. Rights of Nature have been observed as a catalyst for changing global governance to solve critical environmental challenges.
The theme of this year is ‘Only One Earth’, highlighting the need to live sustainably in harmony with nature by bringing transformative changes. The policy prescriptions, legal instruments, and advocacy will play a significant role in fulfilling the thematic goal identified this year.
In pursuit of responsibility toward the cause of the environment, the Hidayatullah National Law University along with the Global Network for Human Rights and the Environment is organizing an International Conference on Rights of Nature for Sustainable Development. The Conference will bring together people from a range of specialists and backgrounds for a cross-disciplinary discussion on the rights of nature
HNLU is going to organize the international conference along with the Global Network for Human Rights and the Environment (www.gnhre.org)
Structure Of The Conference
The Conference will be organized in the following two parts:
- Part A: Panel Discuss – Scholars from abroad/India (4 panellists) – One-hour duration
- Part B: Presentation of Selected Paper – Two Hours Duration
Articles / Research papers are invited on any of the following sub-themes:
- Rights of Nature v. Rights to Nature
- Rights of Nature v. Sustainable Business
- Rights of Nature & Role of the Stakeholders for Sustainable Development
- Rights of Nature & Role of Institutional Mechanism
- Rights of Nature & Human Rights
- Rights of Nature & Green Economy
- Rights of Nature & Global Biodiversity
- Rights of Nature & Greening Finance
- Rights of Nature & International Trade
These sub-themes are only suggestive and are not exhaustive. Papers that are not covered under the above-mentioned sub-themes yet holding relevance in the thrust area may also be considered.
Call for Papers
Papers are invited from the Academicians, Judicial Officers, Researchers, Professionals, Practitioners, Students of law, and environmental science, and other stakeholders on the emerging issues and related areas on the broader sub-themes given above.
The selected papers will be published based on quality.
Dates To Remember
Deadline for the Submission of Full Paper with Registration fee: May 31, 2022 (Tuesday)
Intimation of Full Paper Acceptance for Paper Presentation: June 1, 2022 (Wednesday)
Date of Conference: June 5, 2022 (Sunday)
- For Academicians/Professionals and Research Scholars: INR 500 (For Co-authors INR1000)
- For Students: INR 300 (For Co-authors INR 600)
- For participation only: INR 200
Co-authorship of up to two co-authors is allowed. In case co-authors are from two different heads mentioned above respective registration fees shall be paid individually.
Account Holder’s Name: Registrar, Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
Bank Name: IDBI Bank
Account No.: 1188102000000806
IFSC Code: IBKL0001188
MICR Code: 492259503
Branch Name: HNLU Campus Branch, Uparwara, Naya Raipur
Account Type: Current A/C
- The abstract of 200 – 250 words accompanied by a brief profile of the author/s indicating his/her email ID, contact number, designation, and official address.
- The word limit for a full paper along with an abstract is 2500 – 3000 words (excluding footnotes) submitted in MS Word Format.
- It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with1” margin on all sides with 1.5-line spacing.
- Plagiarized papers shall be summarily rejected.
- For references and bibliography, the author(s) are required to follow the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation.
The full paper along with the abstract must reach the conference secretariat on or before May 31, 2022, through the following link/QR code:
For Paper Presentation –
For Participation –
- Prof. (Dr.) V. C. Vivekanandan, Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, HNLU Raipur
- Prof. (Dr.) Uday Shankar, Registrar, HNLU Raipur
- Prof. (Dr.) Yogendra Kumar Srivastava, Dean-Outreach and Regulatory Compliance
- Dr. Ankit Awasthi, Assistant Professor – Secretary
- Dr. Rana Navneet Roy, Associate Professor – Co-Secretary
- Mr. Jeevan Sagar, Assistant Professor – Member
- Mr. Abhinav Shukla, Assistant Professor – Member
- Mrs. Urvi Shrivastava, Assistant Professor – Member
- Advaita Kapoor
- Jaydeep Manchikalapudi
- Surabhi Katare
- Nitish Dubey
- Utkarshani Srivastava
- Jass Kaur Bindra
- Garima Agarwal
- Shishir Mani Tripathi
For further queries and additional information, please contact:
Dr. Ankit Awasthi (Secretary)