GNHRE welcomes three new members!
Héctor Herrera-Santoyo’s work focuses on environmental justice, climate justice, energy justice, water justice, ecosystem protection, just transitions, environmental participation, indigenous rights, and environmental digital activism. You can read more about him here.
Maria Antonia Tigre is a senior attorney at the Environment Program of the Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice. You can read about her publication on climate mitigation and regional cooperation here.
Shérazade Zaiter is currently writing a PhD thesis at the Faculty of Law in Limoges on Sustainable development, Human rights, Environment and Disability. Read about her work and experience here.
With thanks to Anna Grear for permission to use the feature painting.
Issue 8.2 of the Journal of Human Rights and the Environment on the theme “Crisis, injustice and response” is now available (see here).
In particular, many of you will be pleased to see a co-authored article discussing “The Declaration on Human Rights and Climate Change” which was developed by this network.
The issue contains the following articles:
- Beyond anthropocentrism and ecocentrism: a biopolitical reading of environmental law, Vito De Lucia
- Climate dreaming: negative emissions, risk transfer, and irreversibility, Henry Shue
- The Declaration on Human Rights and Climate Change: a new legal tool for global policy change, Kirsten Davies, Sam Adelman, Anna Grear, Catherine Iorns Magallanes, Tom Kerns and S Ravi Rajan
- Normative guidance for energy governance: sustainable development and human rights, Vincent Bellinkx and Wouter Vandenhole
- Post Paris reflections: fossil fuels, human rights and the need to excavate new ideas for climate justice, Julia Dehm
- Book review: Shawkat Alam, Sumudu Atapattu, Carmen G Gonzales and Jona Razzaque (eds), International Environmental Law and the Global South (Cambridge University Press, New York 2015) 656 pp., Rebecca Bratspies
- Book review: Fritjof Capra and Ugo Mattei, The Ecology of Law: Toward a Legal System in Tune with Nature and Community (Berrett-Koehler Publishers Inc, Oakland CA 2015) 264 pp., Roxana Vatanparast