We publish blog pieces from a variety of authors regarding many topics under the umbrella of human rights and the environment. If you would like to contribute a piece to us, see the information below for more detail.
- Length: ideally, posts should be 750 – 1,000 words, but longer is permitted.
- Post title: Post titles should be short, specific, and easy to understand. Consider including subtitles.
- References: Please do not use footnotes and avoid lengthy references if possible. Where needed, use links instead. Links should be inserted into the text. Please do not insert links using ‘here’ or ‘click here’. All sources must be reliable and of high-quality.
- Plagiarism: The rules on plagiarism that apply to academic papers, also apply to blog posts and sources should be identified, preferably using links.
- Format: Please send all text in Word or a Word-compatible format. Please do not send PDF documents.
- Language: May be in American or British English, and when an editor is available, in Spanish or Portuguese.
- Images: Please send us two images to accompany your blog post. We post a feature image (that appears at the top of the blog post and on the main page of the GNHRE) and we like to include another image in the text itself to break the text up and make it more inviting to readers. Please ensure that any images can be reproduced without violating copyright and please provide us with information about the source/creator of the image. Please send us a link to the image or attach a jpeg file to your submission. Useful sites for open source pictures are:
We are happy to chat about an idea you have for a blog piece before you write it in its entirety. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Please note, we reserve the right to reject, accept, or accept subject to revision any submission. We endeavour to provide all writers with an answer within two weeks of submission.
Once approved, it will go through editing by one of our blog editors, before being sent back to you for final approval. It will then be published here and shared through our various social media channels of over 2,000 readers.
Here is an example of a blog of the correct length and utilization of links. Happy writing!
Blog posts in Word document format and images (link or jpeg format), along with your full name, institutional affiliation and a link to your profile (preferably your GNHRE profile) should be sent to email@example.com.
The GNHRE Team.