Welcome to our Blog and Community page!
This is a space where members can post events, job postings, upcoming conferences and other news, but it is also a space for comment, opinion, debate and blogging.
The idea is that this is a platform for members to come together and ask each other questions, keep each other informed and engage with each other about the crucial issues animating the field. We want it to be a hub for the human rights and environment community, as well as a community-built resource on events and developments in the field.
Guidelines for blog posts and announcements:
Please note that blog posts should be new material (not previously published elsewhere) and should address a matter related to human rights and the environment.
- Length– Ideally blog posts should be between 750 – 1000 words. If you are using the blog post to announce an event or new publication, posts may be shorter.
- Post title– Post titles should be short, specific, and easy to understand. Consider including subtitles.
- Plagiarism – The rules on plagiarism that apply to academic papers, also apply to blog posts and sources should be identified, preferably using links.
- References– Please do not use footnotes and avoid lengthy references if possible. Where needed, use links instead. Links should be inserted into the text. Please do not insert links using ‘here’ or ‘click here’.
- Images– Please send us two images to accompany your blog post. We post a feature image (that appears at the top of the blog post and on the main page of the GNHRE) and we like to include another image in the text itself to break the text up and make it more inviting to readers. Please ensure that any images can be reproduced without violating copyright and please provide us with information about the source/creator of the image. Please send us a link to the image or attach a jpeg file to your submission.
Useful sites for open source pictures are:
- Dissemination– we will share the blog post with our membership and post it on our social media feeds. We encourage you to also share it on social media. if you don’t already, please follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/GnhreCommunity), LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Format – Please send all text in Word or a Word-compatible format. Please do not send PDF documents.
Blog posts in Word document format and images (link or jpeg format), along with your full name, institutional affiliation and a link to your profile (preferably your GNHRE profile) should be sent to email@example.com.
Please note, our team of blog editors – Astrid Bernal, Dina Lupin and Otto Spijkers – review all submissions and we reserve the right to reject, accept, or accept subject to revision any submission. We endeavour to provide all writers with an answer within two weeks of submission.
Feature image: Josh Gellers